Sunday, September 6, 2020

Week 2 Reading Anthology, Jatakas Story


 The Cunning Crane and the Crab

    Story Source: The Giant Crab, and the Other Tales from Old Indian by W.H.D. Rouse.  

    This story from the old Buddhist Jatake collection tells of a cunning crane and his almost brilliant plan of fooling dying fish to their deaths. This is true until a clever crab seeks help from the crane. The story teaches the basic moral of not getting outsmarted and fooled. It teaches you to always be smarter than your enemy. 

    This story had a very interesting plot line, which drew my attention. I chose this story for its moral theme and life lesson. It has a great meaning and I believe I can recreate a story that follows the same life lesson in order to get the point across. Instead of following the same exact plot line and recreating the same story with different characters, I want to focus on the moral value that is being taught. 



No comments:

Post a Comment