Thursday, August 27, 2020

Growth Mindset

 This is my first time hearing about Carole Dweck idea about a growth vs fixed mindset. However my parents have raised me with essentially the same idea about having a growth mindset. I would consider myself to be a growth mindset person as I rarely say no to a task without giving it an attempt. I have always had a determined and enthusiastic mindset. Everyone at some point in their life experience trouble with life that might drive you to change mindsets. I have taught basketball to young kids and it is important to pursue that mindset onto young adults especially to increase their confidence in themselves. I always try to focus and excel in whatever task is at hand and if I can make improvements I do so. When you are learning new tasks you will find unique ways subconsciously to improve, for example I have learned that I am a visual and hands on learner, therefore I try to isolate that behavior into my learning skills. This helps me stay goal oriented and be more of a growth mindset person. I am very interested in learning more about the growth vs fixed mindset as it can have a huge role in someones life. My personal learning goal this semester is to achieve a 4.0 gpa and push myself both physically and mentally to better myself as a student. 



No comments:

Post a Comment