Monday, November 30, 2020

Microfiction Revision: Week 13 EX

 

 End of Time

On a slow Sunday morning young boy lays on the beach with nothing but calm winds, the warmth of water, and peace. You hear seagulls, waves crashing and swooshing from the wind. Memorable smells of aromatic sea air, salty waters, and family cookouts. He feels the sensation of sand between toes, dry mouth, and warmth. The young boy reaches for his water to relieve the sensation of thirst. The boy lay there to take his time to himself. He wakes up to see the moonlight in the distance as it reflects off the glossy waters. Time never really has an end. 


Two Sentence Story

There is an end to everything. But where does it begin? 


Note: My idea of revision was to try to change the meaning or the interpretation of the short story. The original stories' interpretation was that time has an end, and that you lose track of time when you are having fun or spending it. But now with this revision, time has no end, as stated in the first story. Yet the two sentence story interprets that there is a beginning and an end, yet time could have nothing to do with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi PB,
    Your story really reminds me of back when I lived in South Korea. I was just a young boy who loved the beach and spent nearly every minute I had there. The creative details in which you write your story is really amazing and it definitely brings the story to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I thought your story had an incredible use of imagery! I think your shorter story is also very cool, I think that stories that make us think deeper after reading them are very valuable and I enjoyed reading your writing.

    ReplyDelete